Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Catch-up Day

Today was one of those “catch-up” days that are never too much fun. I gave the house a deep cleaning, paid the bills and ran to the post office. The kids were great about helping and entertaining themselves while I was busy. In the afternoon Jed took them to a new park that is very close to our house. They had a blast and all three came home with pink cheeks and big smiles.

At dinner every night we ask the kids to name their favorite part of the day. When I asked tonight Laine smiled at Jed and said, “going to the park with daddy.” Jared agreed and then after a minute said he had a second favorite thing. When we asked what it was he said, “playing here on the earth.” Then he asked if earth was the biggest planet and I told him that Jupiter is the biggest. He thought about that and then said, “yeah, but it isn’t as big as the sun.” At that moment I looked at Jared and knew that he truly is his father’s son. I love watching Jared furrow his brow in these pensive moments and say something that I can imagine a four year old Jed saying. Thankfully, Jared doesn’t love the word testicle as much as his father did when he was young. But, that is another story.

No comments: