Thursday, September 27, 2007

Jared's girlfriend

On Saturday night we went to a party with about nine other couples that one of the moms from our weekly playgroup was hosting. For most of the party Jared played with Jessica, his new girlfriend. Jessica is the four year old daughter of Leila, one of the moms in my California Moms Group. All the way home that night he talked about Jessica and how much he missed her.

On Wednesday I hosted a cookie decorating party with my CA group. Jessica was there and once again they were inseparable. They even spent 45 minutes alone in Jared’s closet reading a book by flashlight. Then today we met up with Leila at another function and the two of them played together the entire time, even ignoring some of Jared’s favorite playmates. I have never seen Jared so taken with another child, especially a girl. I compared notes with Leila and she said the obsession is mutual. Could my little guy be in love? They certainly tell each other “I love you” often enough.

I am looking forward to watching this relationship develop. Will Jared get his heart broken? Or maybe he will be the heart-breaker?

No comments: