Sunday, October 14, 2007

Wedding in Austin

Last night Jed and I went to the wedding of one of his clients. I was thrilled to have a night out and Jed was looking forward to relaxing a bit and meeting new people. We hired a sitter and left the kids in her capable hands before heading out.

We drove into Austin and got terribly lost because I gave Jed the wrong directions. Eventually we made it to reception, after having just missed the actual ceremony. We had very interesting people at our table and enjoyed chatting over a delicious dinner and really amazing wine. After dinner we hit the dance floor. I enjoyed singing along to “Dancing Queen” and Jed impressed me with his ability to do the twist. When they started playing YMCA we decided that one would be much more fun to watch then to actually participate in. I have to say, there is nothing like a bunch of slightly drunk Texans dancing to the Village People classic.

No comments: