Monday, October 1, 2007

Jared's First Day of School

Today was Jared’s first day of pre-school. Although he went to school in Japan and even a little bit in California we still wanted to make his first day special. He wore his new Spiderman shoes and Spiderman shirt and carried his Spiderman lunchbox. I left Laine with Jed so I could concentrate on being with Jared when we got to the school. I took him to the playground and stayed with him until it was time to go inside. He was fine with me leaving and did well the entire day.

Jed and I went back together to pick him up and we watched him threw the window for a few minutes before he caught us. Then he ran to us and talked about the little boy who kept taking his toys all day. He is in the middle of a tattle-tale stage. We went to his cubby (which we decorated with planets and spaceships) to get his lunch box and he got upset because we weren’t taking his cloth cubby home with us. He has been putting stuff in it at home for the last two weeks and he wasn’t ready to leave it at school. I finally convinced him that he would get to see it the next time he goes to school.

On the drive home Jared was quiet and tired. I think it will take him a while to get used to his new routine. Laine enjoyed her morning alone with me but I have a feeling she will soon start to miss her big brother.

No comments: